Sunday 28 February 2010

Drip, drip, drip

Wolf Trail 053

Wolf Trail 008
In his last blog entry, Kenmore suggested going out for a 50k ski today as per the men at the olympics. I opted for a snowshoe hike along the Wolf trail and am satisfied that I made the right choice. Temps are rising and two layers of fleece were enough today. The new snow that fell during the week was welcome and the packed trail is plenty thick but if it stays this warm it will melt soon enough. I enjoyed taking photos of the water drops on twigs in the forest. If you enlarge and look at the drops you can see reflection of trees in the drips, pretty cool. On the ridge I was looking for a section where there was a frozen cedar tunnel when I last hiked here after Christmas. Good news is that the ice melted and the tree is back to standing up straight as trees are supposed to do! A nice day to be out but I hope winter sticks around for a couple more weeks before the spring melt.

Now:
Wolf Trail 030

After freezing rain:
P13, Wolf Trail 037

Wolf Trail 026

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 1 March 2010 at 09:02 , Blogger Tripper said...

Seems that I should have purchased some snowshoes this year before they sold out on me (again). Nice pics.

 
At 1 March 2010 at 19:59 , Blogger Unknown said...

You should have got them when the shipping was free over christmas. That said, you could do the Wolf trail in boots as the path is packed down hard.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home