Monday 11 January 2010

Lunch at Western

P10, Western cabin, Ridge road 034

P10, Western cabin, Ridge road 012
After a weekend out of town I took Monday off to stretch my legs and join the otherwise unemployed (retirees) on the ski trails. I figured P7 to Western via Ridge road would be a good trip. A bit of climbing to start and then rolling hills the rest of the way. I had the option of stopping at any one of three other cabins along the way but stuck to my original choice. Western is in a prime spot, nestled on the western edge of the escarpment with a nice bench behind it for those warmer sunny spring days. It was a shame none of my sometimes ski buddies had come out today as I aced the downhill approach with some sweet slalom turns and a sharp stop right in front of the ski rack. As I entered I was slightly bummed that the fire in the woodstove was out but then I remembered that my sandwich was not wrapped in foil anyhow. A nice day to be out, can't wait til I am one of the retirees cruising this neighborhood every day.

P10, Western cabin, Ridge road 039

P10, Western cabin, Ridge road 046

P10, Western cabin, Ridge road 024

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 12 January 2010 at 10:56 , Blogger Kenmore said...

"I aced the downhill approach with some sweet slalom turns and a sharp stop right in front of the ski rack" - This can't be true ;-)

 
At 12 January 2010 at 17:04 , Blogger Unknown said...

Yep, a nice spray of snow from the stop too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home