Monday 26 October 2009

Wolf trail

Wolf Trail, Gatineau Park 039


Wolf Trail, Gatineau Park 011
On sunday I went out for a hike on the Wolf Trail in Gatineau Park. I was hoping it would help me kick the nasty cold I have had for the last two weeks. Also it was a sunny day which is something you have to take advantage of at this time of year! The Wolf trail is always a nice walk heading up from the parking area at the end of Meech Lake to the top of the escarpment with a lookout over the Ottawa river valley and then back. It seems this was a popular hike as the parking lot was almost full and the trails were crowded. The NCC had recently closed all the parkways for the winter (c'mon snow!!) so the trailheads were limited. On the plus side the trails were very muddy which I think discouraged some people and so I had some nice quiet time sitting on the open ridge soaking in the rays and cool breezes. I had a nice chat with a crow that floated up on some thermals. At least I thought it was talking to me but then another crow appeared and they soared off into the distance. It was several weeks too late for the autumn colors but as always a nice hike.

Wolf Trail, Gatineau Park 053

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home