Saturday 3 October 2009

Jack Pine stroll

Jack Pine, Fall colors 023


Jack Pine, Fall colors 031
I went for an afternoon walk on the Jack Pine trails in the greenbelt. It has been frustrating to see rain, rain and more rain in the forecast for the last few weeks. And now snow has already started accumulating on many of the high peaks. I figured it would be nice to get out to see some colors and Canada Geese activity on these trails that I usually avoid in the summer due to black flies, mosquitos and panhandling chickadees. The ducks in the beaver pond were quite active but there was not a lot of activity in the pond with all the heron nests (sometimes there are hundreds of geese in there). I saw a few deer and was hastled by a chipmunk for some food.

Lets hope we get some indian summer soon so I can get a few leaf peeper hikes in before I have to go back to work.

Jack Pine, Fall colors 002

Jack Pine, Fall colors 050

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home