Sunday 24 January 2010

To the back door of Healey

P15, Healey cabin 016

P15, Healey cabin 014
I went for a short snowshoe today. On the map it looked like a longer hike with plenty of ups and downs but it turned out to be mostly flat with really only one hill on the trail. Not exactly good practice for some bigger mountains in the adirondacks but a nice day nonetheless. Healey cabin was packed with a big crowd milling around outside as well. On the way back to the car I detoured onto different snow surfaces as often as possible. Maybe next time out will be one of the easier scenci spots in the Adirondacks like Van Ho or Indian head.

P15, Healey cabin 002

P15, Healey cabin 001

P15, Healey cabin 007

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 28 January 2010 at 10:05 , Blogger Tripper said...

The backdoor is a great way to mix up the old routine. I believe this is the route we took back in April. Albeit a different season but still fun...
http://bvtblogs.blogspot.com/2009/04/hike-to-healey-and-herridge.html

 
At 28 January 2010 at 22:23 , Blogger Michael said...

I am still confused as the current parking lot is not on either of the maps that I have and the one I thought was there I was not able to find. It wasn't much of a hike in but a day in the gats is a day in the gats!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home