Saturday 16 January 2010

New shoes on the Wolf trail

P13, Wolf Trail 011

P13, Wolf Trail 037
I bought myself a pair of snowshoes just after christmas, figuring it would be a good change of pace to try some of the showshoe trails in Gatineau instead of always xc skiing. Today was the maiden voyage. As expected the trail was a well packed path. I meant to go up the steep way and back down the flatter part but missed the right turn and did it the other way down. I love the way the snow covers up the uneven bits of rocks and roots on the trail. The sky was overcast which dulled the views but there is still some beautiful sights of ice in the trees. The temperature was quite mild so there were a lot of people out enjoying the day. I loved this mode of travel and will do a few more Gatineau trails and maybe venture down to the Adirondacks for some of the easier scenic hikes.

P13, Wolf Trail 043

P13, Wolf Trail 021

P13, Wolf Trail 038

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 16 January 2010 at 22:33 , Blogger Tripper said...

Great shots. I'll have to invest in a pair of these snowshoes myself sometime.

 
At 17 January 2010 at 22:17 , Blogger Unknown said...

Too bad the freezing rain is tough on trees cause it sure is purdy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home