Saturday 27 September 2014

Mt Potash and the good book


 
I had been to this trailhead (Downes Brook off the Kamcamagus highway) about a month ago but hiked to Hedgehog mountain instead. A recent hiatus from hiking (bad back) had given me time to think about things and I realized had gotten away from the wisdom of the good book and I should return to using it for guidance. It had always led me to great things in the past. The hike to Mt Potash is a delight and one I will return to for fall folliage as well as in winter conditions. The 2 mile long trail is a mix of soft switchbacks and open rock. There is a nice ledge part way up with a close-up view of Passaconaway. The summit is partly open with views west towards the Tripyramids and north to a slightly further away Carrigain. Put this one on your list, great views for small effort.
 
Oh and if you are interested, check out the good book here (or buy it in person where you can also get hiking advice from an expert).

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home