Sunday 7 September 2014

Smoking brakes instead of sore knees



After two hiking days I gave my legs a rest and made my car do the work. I headed up the Mt Washington Auto Road. It hadn't occurred to me until the complimentary CD mentioned that some with a fear of heights may find parts of the road a bit uncomfortable. Anyhow it was well worth it on a clear sunny day with views to the horizon in all directions. They suggest stopping often on the way down to cool off your brakes and they provide spots to pull over with great vistas. At some of the lower parking areas my brakes were smoking when I stopped. Funny, but that is just how my knees feel when descending a mountain.

For a slightly faster version of the ascent check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BZh-7hkNe4

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home