Sunday 13 April 2014

Early morning stroll to Cascade and Porter


 
With a deluge that would get Noah's attention forecast for Sunday, Saturday was the day for another spring hike. I opted for the ever popular Cascade and Porter hike and got an early start to get the best of the trail conditions and weather. Near the trailhead the melting is well underway but the monorail is dependable once you gain some elevation. While sunny, there was a stiff breeze when above treeline near the summits. I certainly hope the many hikers I saw later on in sneakers, shorts and t-shirts didn't catch a chill up there! :-) I had a half hour to myself on each of the summits to see if I could find a few good photos out of the many that I took. Always a pleasure to do this hike and I can report that the view is only getting better with age!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home