Wednesday 24 March 2010

Sunday River

White Mountains 001

White Mountains 008
After some spring peakbagging in the Adirondacks I decided to take a vacation and combine spring skiing and hiking in the White Mountains of NH. I located a great motel deal in Goreham that is in a good spot close to Mt Washington and a short run from Crawford and Franconia notches. The first day it rained all day but that was ok as I went shopping in North Conway (no sales tax!!). Day two it was snowing and since Wildcat was closed I headed to Sunday River which is a half hour away in Maine. This was the first time on skis in several years but my twenty year old skis still worked and I couldn't have asked for better conditions. There was about 3-4 inches of fresh powder. Although the low cloud cover hid any views it was a great day to rediscover how much fun spring skiing can be. I gotta get some new equipment and do this more often!

White Mountains 003

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home