Saturday 17 May 2008

Spring vs Winter

I drove up to Gatineau park after work to get the May long weekend off to a start and also to visit some spots that I had skied to in the winter to compare the views. Things look quite different when buried under several feet of snow and with no leaves in the trees you can see further in all directions.

Brulé lookout:
bruletrail brule

Buried picnic tables at Brulé lookout:
picnictableupdate brulepicnictables

Champlain lookout:
champlainlookout champlainlookout

I'm glad I didn't plan on a hike or bike as the bugs were swarming as I sat on the ledge at Champlain Lookout and did some contemplating.

Coming soon, some Adirondack trip reports!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 18 May 2008 at 20:25 , Blogger Kenmore said...

Good job with the comparison pics... I have a few shots I took here and there this winter but haven't gotten back to take the "after" shot yet.

 
At 19 May 2008 at 12:30 , Blogger Michael said...

Thanks. It amazes me how different things look when there are leaves on the trees.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home