Saturday 12 January 2008

Parkway Loop

champlainparkway
I went out today with an idea to do a short out and back on the parkways and I wasn't expecting the conditions to be real great after the January thaw and several days of rain. Well it turned out the conditions were pretty good on the parkways and it was a beautiful sunny day so I made a loop from P5 of the Gatineau, Champlain and Fortune parkways. The grip wasn't great but the glide more than made up for this and you could just use your poles on any surface that was flat or even slightly downhill. I saw a few people I know on the way up the Champlain parkway and saw lots of people having a great time going downhill likes bats outa hell on this stretch.

busy-corner
When I got close to Keogan cabin I wished I had brought some food and water but instead I just sat on a nearby bench and adjusted one of my boots that was giving me trouble. Then it was off down the Fortune parkway that seemingly only took a few minutes to descend...wheeeee! The remainder of the loop was quite a bit slower along the aptly named doldrums and then up the hill between P8 and P5. Timing worked out just about right as I made it home in time to hit the couch and tune in to NFL playoff action! Sweet day!

p8-swamp raven

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home