Friday 14 December 2007

Friday Birthday

luskcabin
I'm sure I've never taken a friday off so early in december to ski but we have the snow and it was Bryan's birthday so we made plans to ski in to Lusk cabin. Ken, Bryan and his dad and I left P19 at 10 and made quick work of the ski in. I was getting no glide but was like spiderman on the uphills! On the way there we got a brief shower of ice pellets that felt almost like rain. Lusk is a nice small cabin and we had it to ourselves. Ken chopped a little wood and we cooked up our sandwiches on the woodstove, sweet!

renaudcabin
After lunch the sky started to clear and we had a fun run down the Lusk trail before making a brief refreshment stop at Renaud cabin where we met a local who seemed unimpressed by the early season ski grooming in the park. After listening to the rant for a while I could take no more and I was off like a tornado down the trail to Taylor lake. My headstart bought me time to take some sweet pics of the great snow coverage.

trail55
Once past Taylor lake we arrived at Exclamation Point Hill (only such sign that I am aware of). In fact there are two such signs on this hill that is steep and has an S turn and some bumps near the bottom. I got the task of skiing halfway down and filming the rest of the crew. No one got hurt and all had fun! The Taylor Lake loop is one of the best in the park, very quiet and remote. We saw many tracks in the fresh snow that we guessed were wolf or coyote. Our last stop of the day was for poutine at a local eatery. Again, no one got hurt and all had fun.

lusk trail lusklake

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home