Friday 14 March 2008

Pine Road - Old School

gatmeadow
I took the afternoon off Friday and headed for one of my favorite trails for a short ski, P16 and the Pine Road trail. Based on ongoing construction, highway 5 will be extended past this spot sometime next summer so it will be interesting to see how they provide an access to P16. I headed out "old-school" today which is to say that in my rush to assemble some gear this morning I omitted my ski pants so I had on a pair of jeans instead. Normally that would be a big mistake but not on a warm spring day with temps at or above 0.

meechisland
The snow surface was sticky and soon clumped on the bottom of my waxless skis. This is not a bad thing when going up the long hill that starts the trail but terrible for gliding once on the flats. Since it was not to be a good day for a ski, I headed for a favorite bench on Meech lake and sat for a while enjoying the view and the sounds of spring time. While there is a ton of snow, I think spring is coming quickly and the best ski days are behind us. That said, it was a real nice day to be sitting at a bench beside a frozen lake instead of an ergonomic chair at the office.

hwy5snowbank

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home