Wednesday 26 March 2008

OK winter, that's just about enough out of you

I didn't think I would ever say this, but I have had enough of the cold and the deep piles of snow. I had to dig down to get access to my composter the other day. Three months of skiing has been fine but let's move on to other things! Besides I've already been hitting buckets of golf balls at a local indoor driving range!

So at work the other day (on my break of course) I put pen to paper and doodled up a list of peaks that I would like to hike this summer. These include the 10 I have remaining for the ADK 46 and then some that are shorter than 4000ft and others in different states. I doubt I will get to all of these but if I get to half of them it will be a great season.. So in no particular order:

Adirondacks:
Upper Great Range from Gothics

  • Hopkins mountain via mossy cascade
  • Seward by Calkins or Ward Brook herdpath
  • Skylight and Grey
  • Cliff and Redfield
  • Allen
  • Pyramid
  • Couchie (gotta go back and finish the job)
  • East dix and Hough from Elk Lake
  • Dix (I plan to leave this for my 46th)
  • Moose and McKenzie


Whites


greenleafhut

2 Comments:

At 29 March 2008 at 20:02 , Blogger Kenmore said...

Sorry, but I can't agree with you on the end of winter point.... it will end (too) soon enough. On the other hand I like the list for the summer season. Moose and MacKenzie is on my list as well as some of those 46ers. Finishing the 46 sounds like a good plan but can it be done.... hmmm, should be fun trying. (Not sure where Hopkins is)

 
At 30 March 2008 at 07:43 , Blogger Michael said...

Hopkins is on the east side of rte 73 shortly before the first of the Giant mtn trailheads and you get similar views for a shorter climb. I don't imagine that I will finish the 46 this year but they are on the list nonetheless.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home