Sunday 16 March 2008

Ah! Spring skiing

bruletrail
In contrast to Friday's sticky conditions, today was a perfect day. It was warm and sunny enough to make me think I should have put on some sunscreen and slick enough for some nice glide. I eased past the parking lot full sign at P10 and had my choice between two spots. A friendly sort greeted me as I approached the parkway and wished me a good day. I'm not sure if this is the guy who is supposed to ask for your pass or suggest that you pay. It would seem this winter that one could have skied free if one wanted to. I am happy to pay for a pass given the extensive network of trails and the usual great conditions but I must say I hope they go back to Lafleur next season.

picnictableupdate
I headed up the parkway and then took Ridge road to the Brulé lookout. I managed to snag the only picnic table that was above the snowline and sat for a nice break soaking up the sun and the view of the Ottawa river valley. Then it was all downhill back to the car. That is one thing I love about xc skiing, whatever effort you put in going uphill is rewarded with a relaxing slide back down! We'll see how many more weekends there will be to ski but I hope to get in a few more days like this before the season is over.

fortune bruleview

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 17 March 2008 at 09:22 , Blogger Kenmore said...

Alas, Demsis has the contract for three years so the NCC is not likely to cancel it part way through and go back to Lafleur.

 
At 18 March 2008 at 06:11 , Blogger Michael said...

So poor grooming but free skiing??

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home