Saturday 21 December 2013

Winter arrives on time




Two weeks later and on the winter solstice no less, I headed back up the Luskville Fire Tower trail. It looks a whole lot different after two recent dumps of snow. I opted for microspikes although snowshoes probably would have been a better choice. On the way up I followed the tracks (and trench) of some snowshoers (thanks) to the right at the trail split. There is ankle to knee deep snow up there to enjoy. I didn't linger at the tower and headed straight back down. I did my part breaking trail taking the other side of the loop. I am glad I was heading downhill when breaking trail!

If this winter is to be judged by it's first day, I say this winter will be top notch!

More pics

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home