Tuesday 11 October 2011

Middle Sugarloaf

On Middle Sugarloaf

Tom and Field from Middle sugarloaf
On Friday, I opted for a short hike that I hoped would have stellar views. I hit the jackpot by hiking to Middle Sugarloaf from the parking area a few miles down Zealand Road. A hike of a mile and a bit that rises 900 feet. The summit is about 2500 feet and has a nice closeup look at Hale, North Twin as well as Tom and Field and at a further distance is the Presidential range. While it would be best to hike this peak when the light conditions are best (I'm guessing early morning and late afternoon) there were no complaints from me or any of the other lucky folks up there. I lounged for about an hour or more and had some interesting chats: politics with some locals (lucky) and how awesomely beautiful this spot is with a couple visiting from Holland. The colors were sweet, especially on Mt Hale which was the closest peak and they filled the Zealand Valley.

If you have a few hours to spare I highly recommend this gem, I think I will give this a visit over the winter (note that the road is closed so add 2.5 miles each way).

More pics

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home