Friday 23 September 2011

Leaves, flowers, shrooms and beavers

I went for walk in Gatineau park today. I started up the steep side of the Wolf trail loop. Hard to believe that there are still biting insects at this time of year. There are occasional patches of color but the full color of fall is still a couple of weeks away.

I saw:

some interesting tree mushrooms

Mushroom on Wolf trail

a turkey vulture from the Wolf trail ridge (excuse the dot on my camera's sensor).

Turkey vulture

some nice flowers along ridge road that the bees were loving

Ridge road flowers

and a beaver pond on ridge road with an active local couple!

Beaver

More beaver shots

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 30 September 2011 at 07:49 , Blogger catharus said...

FWIW, from what I can tell, that's a raven (no TV). They are amazing, beautiful birds!

 
At 30 September 2011 at 09:38 , Blogger Michael said...

Intelligent too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home