Sunday 5 April 2009

2009 Summer Hiking List

With the snow quickly melting and the skis tucked away for another season it is time to compile a hiking list for the summer. If I manage to visit some of these and convince some friends to join me it should be a great season.

Adirondacks

IMG_5200

  • Hopkins -A good hike to start the season
  • Snowy - Some steep slide climbing
  • Blue - It must be great if they named a town after it
  • Moose and McKenzie
  • Whiteface via the Connery Pond trail - This one is flat then real steep
  • MacNaughton
  • Couchsachraga
  • Allen
  • Cliff and Redfield
  • Skylight and Gray
  • Grace (East Dix) - If I manage to hike the other six peak remaining for my 46er patch then this will be the last one.


White Mountains



IMG_0028


Elsewhere

Thanks to Kenmore for pointing out a glaring ommission (MacNaughton) from the Adirondack section. Add !!

2 Comments:

At 5 April 2009 at 20:02 , Blogger Kenmore said...

Looks like a good list. A couple on there that we didn't get around to last year. I say we correct that error ;) Oh, and sherpa-ing a few more ADK 4000 footers sounds good too. No MacNaughton?

 
At 5 April 2009 at 21:23 , Blogger Michael said...

Good call. I can't believe I missed MacN!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home