Saturday 21 February 2009

P9 to P9 ... the long way round

IMG_6491

IMG_6473
I went out for a short ski today as a way to get some fresh air after recovering from a bad cold. It was a sweet day with sunny skies and fairly warm so it wasn't too surprising that P10 was full to overflowing when I got there. I opted for P9 (just down the hill) and a short, flat ski out and back on the doldrums. However, when I got to the gate at the far end, I decided to cross the road and continue. After climbing the first few hills on the Gatineau Parkway I was committed to the parkway loop. I've skied this loop a few times now and it is a great way to spend a sunny day. There are several long hills but because it is road they are never too steep. The stretch of the Champlain Parkway between the Gatineau Parkway and the Fortune Parkway has the most uphill and I was really feeling it near the highpoint and was pretty happy to finally see the intersection with Fortune. From there it is flat for a few kilometre and then at last you see the road sign with the car pointed diagonally down (the universal symbol that tells skiers that they can glide from here back to the parking lot.

A great day to be out, work on the winter tan and sweat out some germs!

IMG_6495

IMG_6480

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home