Saturday 13 December 2008

Winter...you're back!!

IMG_5881
First ski outing of the season. There has been snow in Gatineau Park for several weeks but Wednesday's dump of 30-40 cms sealed the deal. I headed for P10 and although I had not bought my pass I got by with a "forgot it at home". I like skiing from this parking lot because at the end of the day you get an effortless cruise of 2 kilometres down the hill. I made a nice loop up the Fortune parkway and Ridge road to the Champlain Lookout and then back via the Champlain Parkway and the Fortune Parkway.

IMG_5883
As per usual with the first xc ski of the year, several muscles groups announced their displeasure with this "new" activity but no permanent damage was done. It was a nice sunny day albeit quite cold until I started back towards the car. It was cold enough that I got an ice cream headache on the descent but I am guessing the people on their way up would not have been sympathetic. I stopped in at the visitors centre on the way home to get my pass.

champlain lookout pano

IMG_5885

IMG_5912

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 13 December 2008 at 21:31 , Blogger Kenmore said...

Wow, bolder than I to head up in the cold. I'm just headed out now(in the dark but warmer night). The trails look to be in great shape.

 
At 14 December 2008 at 17:43 , Blogger Michael said...

Night skiing sounds pretty bold too, especially on a cloudy night.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home