Friday 13 September 2013

Zeacliff

Geology classroom on Zeacliff

On my 2nd vacation trip to New Hampshire I started with an easy hike to a nice viewpoint, Zeacliff. It starts with a flat 3 mile hike to Zealand Falls hut. From there it is a mile or so and a thousand feet up to Zeacliff which features views from Mt Washington to Carrigain and the Hancocks. Zeacliff is not the biggest ledge so when I arrived to the sound of lots of voices I was not impressed but it turned out to be a middle/high school class from the Boston area getting a geology lesson. I was able to move around getting various photos and all the while was learning about cirques, tarns, u and v shaped valley, spurs etc and can now point them out from Zeacliff. I left before the rush to beat the crowd back to the hut where I enjoyed a cup of tea while taking in the fine view from the front porch. Best geology class ever!

More pics

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home